COVID-19 – LUSTLEIGH VILLAGE HALL IS CLOSED FOR GENERAL USE UNTIL FURTHER NOTIFICATION
December 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
On Monday 14th December the Village Hall Committee managed their monthly meeting via Zoom. The implications of the latest Government guidance for Community Buildings were considered.
It was decided that we will continue to allow single use of the Hall for this month with the hope that in the New Year we will be able to look to opening the hall up for multiple use, regulations permitting.
Let us hope that we can all get back to the life we love in Lustleigh with the exciting announcements of vaccines on the way.
Please do keep looking at the Village Hall website where we will keep you up to date with how the Committee are endeavouring to open the Hall to everyone as soon as possible, complying, of course, with any changes in Rules and Regulations. www.lustleighvillagehall.co.uk.
In view of the extent of the updated guidance Committee members had considered beforehand the ACRE guidance.
The following conclusions were reached:
- The guidance documents give rise to a series of complex and demanding requirements should a change to Hall multi-use status from the current single-user position be contemplated.
- The multi-use demands are equally onerous whatever the combination and nature user: for example, the revised demands will not be materially different if the combination of users were to be say, Rifle Club and Women’s’ Institute, or Pre-School, Yoga and Badminton, etc.
- Other than Pre-School, there is only limited, ad hoc interest in Hall use for the rest of 2020 (Rifle Club and WI, for example, have no immediate intention to seek a return to the facilities), therefore for the present time, the Village Hall will remain closed, other than for Pre-School use.
- Should any Village Organisation be contemplating a return to the Village Hall, they should first study the guidance found in Appendices E, L and M which may be downloaded from the Village Hall website on the Hiring & Booking Page, following which Organisations should contact the Secretary to discuss your plans and to obtain additional advice.
- The VHMC will hold continue to hold monthly meetings to review possible wider use / re-opening the hall for multi-use.
Lustleigh Village Hall Management Committee