COVID-19 – LUSTLEIGH VILLAGE HALL IS CLOSED FOR GENERAL USE UNTIL FURTHER NOTIFICATION
July 13, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
On Monday 21st October, the monthly committee meeting considered the implications of the latest ACRE guidance for Community Buildings – amended on 12th October 2020 under the heading: ‘Covid-19 Updates and Resources’.
In view of the extent of the updated guidance Committee members had considered beforehand the ACRE guidance.
The following conclusions were reached:
- The guidance documents give rise to a series of complex and demanding requirements should a change to Hall multi-use status from the current single-user position be contemplated.
- The multi-use demands are equally onerous whatever the combination and nature user: for example, the revised demands will not be materially different if the combination of users were to be say, Rifle Club and Women’s’ Institute, or Pre-School, Yoga and Badminton, etc.
- Other than Pre-School, there is only limited, ad hoc interest in Hall use for the rest of 2020 (Rifle Club and WI, for example, have no immediate intention to seek a return to the facilities), therefore for the present time, the Village Hall will remain closed, other than for Pre-School use.
- Should any Village Organisation be contemplating a return to the Village Hall, they should first study the guidance found in Appendices E, L and M which may be downloaded from the Village Hall website on the Hiring & Booking Page, following which Organisations should contact the Secretary to discuss your plans and to obtain additional advice.
- The VHMC will hold continue to hold monthly meetings to review possible wider use / re-opening the hall for multi-use.
Lustleigh Village Hall Management Committee